This spiral of stars is a riddle of the universe, not its answer.
This wisp of a life lasts no longer.
If we knew how many years lie between us and the stars, would that lessen our pain any?
This moon that shines so brightly for the poet and the broken-hearted alike, for one and all, that is so generous and even-handed, it burns not for me.
The Hindu, the swami, would turn up at eleven in the morning, the busiest part of the day, when the world is just beginning to be absorbed in itself, barefoot and clad in orange robes; on his forehead were three white lines and he had a very creased and sun-worn face. No child had seen his eyes and whenever he approached they scuttled in all directions; it was said that he put muslim children into the sack cloth that was slung around his shoulder.
What, all children?
No, just those who were sad.
But did you 'actually' see him do this?
I am one such child.
He who has the power owns the truth, but whoever is without it lives the truth.
Life is a dream; within that dream we have one special dream and that dream is what is, ultimately, the most real in life.
Never try what you don't like.
Never like what you don't try.
A stone never tries to be anything but itself.
To see the beauty in a garden of wild flowers is no different from taking an ethical stance-in both one perceives different 'colours' and unity; each human heart is such a garden, each contains a universe of its own. We see and know but one infintesimal part, mistaking whatever catches our eye for the sum of her being.
Perfection. If you look for it you will never find it but if you don't you will see it everywhere and all around you: in a simple flower or a great tree; in an old dog with his greying hair no less that in a meandering stream glinting in the light of a spring morning. And then the Swami, seeing that I was unconvinced pointed upwards and said: look at the clouds and see that wherever there is no human being , there one sees the hand of God.. and that is perfection. Take away the 'mim' and there is only the One.
I will be a bird; one day I will fly from here and never look at the decietful eyes of a human being; I will never look down, only up. I will burn in the sun's presence but still will I be Bird, lost and found. Let me fly, let me fly, and never find....
Sometimes, I could go in anywhere, not
to see the stars, not to be as we
are always, not only under them
but in them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i like this entry
interesting blog here, Billoo
never find, what?
Regards.
Astarte/S
I don't know..I've forgotten! :)
No, but seriously, I think it's the idea of finding *the* truth, *the* one...which is why the 70,000 veils are so important.
It's a bit like the angels in the film, The wings of desire: all this attestation just seems too boring. i.e, there's something a bit too sun-and-wheat consciousness in the idea of "love stilleth the will".
Hope all is well, S.
What have you been upto? Busy?
OK, so you want the desire but not it's fulfillment?
Yes I was busy until there was this shooting incidence at the university that followed the manhandling of a professor. So now the university is off for two days and here I am!
How are you? Why haven't you written anything for three days? Hope that all is well.
Best regards,
Astarte (S).
Yes, s, that's about right. Who said: as long as we are unsure, we are alive? My head is full of so much junk!
Yes, heard about that case. Has it been resolved? I heard the uni people make some sort of lame excuse. It appears that they're not giving him full support. is that right?
Can't write. Out of books and don't really go anywhere interesting. The only other option is to write about fanaticism, but that's too boring. There's nothing much to do in Lahore but eat and talk about other people. In any case, a lot of my time is taken up with "work".
Keep well,
b.
Thanks Mark, anton. I'm afraid it isn't that interesting once you get used to it! But still, thanks anyway.
Best,
b.
I see. But doesn't being unsure make you weak? Anyway, I liked what you said:
Never try what you don't like.
Never like what you don't try.
The problem has not been resolved, instead it has escalated. Not the university people, but Rangers who manhandled him filed an F.I.R. against the professor! Now with all the riots in Karachi, I don't see any solution in the near future. There you have it in nutshell.
Hope to see a new post soon.
Stay well,
Sadia.
Post a Comment