
Do you forgive me these November days?
---Anna.
~
Be mysterious, be in love, and you shall be happy.
---Gaugin?
~
Can you be French without speaking French?
~
Non.
~
But if you're heart speaks so?
~
C'est possible!
~
There is a place in the heart where all is stillness, like a shelter in a storm, and to there I withdraw and speak my silent words to the beloved. At night she enters my tent, looks at me out of the soft brightness of her eyes. Then we are both lost; I am in her, and she is in me. And who, then, can say who is who, or whether I am a believer or an infidel? Why do you stay in the world of distinctions, gentle one?
~
...[a] world in which serious things were done with a sense of play-where even war and theology could become a sort of game.
~
...a joust, jester?
No comments:
Post a Comment