Saturday, January 23, 2010
Black Narcissus
Rest in peace, Jean.
Two great films, that made me think: what isn't meant to be, isn't meant to be (which isn't the same thing as not wishing that it was otherwise). Isn't 'the man who shot liberty..' also about that? The strange way in which destiny is parceled out?
note on previous post: "my problem with the west" (yeah, I know, I can't get over it!) but that was death of the west, not death to the west!
~~~
lyrics to follow (if Miguel can be bribed)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i haven't seen the film so i can't really comment here, but Estrada do Sol is so wonderful...
"your problem with the west" - i can't stop asking myself if this problem is not the result of your never-ending being-torn-apart between the two worlds and suffering from it. so you turn against something which is, actually, an essential part of yourself.
r.
oh no, don;t you start! :-)
err..i don't have a "problem" with the west (or the east or north or south for that matter!). I know it's all very fashionable and what have you to talk about being torn between two worlds and "suffering" but that really isn't a consideration or part of my temperament (so far-than God!).
I have my own world of friends and loved ones and books and music and so I don't really think of questions like belonging or identity to be honest (of "finding" or "resisting" markers like 'west' etc).
On the other hand, I did find mani's comments highly irritating. need to think why. anyways...
no, the two films were black narcissus and elmer gantry, both with jean simmons who passed away over the weekend.
do you know what she's saying in the song?
hope you are well.
take care,
b.
Post a Comment