Dear C, I need you to confirm: is this him?The last four or five posts have been connected to Russia-obliquely, so why not...
And it is memory saying all things must be changed
Yes, but to get beyond this point?
I do not speak of accident, forgetfulness, for weakness
Of this kind is always with us and complaint supposes
No alteration. The point we have reached
Is not an argument, it is a greeting,
As gentle and as loving as I can make it
To you, today, beyond all changing days.
~~~
Your eyes, your face. Our slow time.
~~~
Say there's no word for it, for what it is to say,
That in love's dance we mimic it
And that endless creation, taken how you will,
Is much to be desired. Say now that our adventure
Is quite unsayable, and see -we are open
As summer roses, open for all time.
~~~
that love is never fulfilled
but the ways of approaching
endless.
~~~
and this line, somewhere, recalled from memory because you can't find it anywhere on the page, and maybe it never was. reading late at night, in the silence, when the day is done, means your mind is half-dreaming already. It was:
the song of the whale moves inward.
what is most inward, the very definition of inwardness, this whale in the vast sea, with all that anarchy sliding by unnoticed, overwhelmed by gravity and slow time, it's love-song booming across a thousand miles, till it reaches shore.
~~~
something simple, like the ascent and descent in one's own house; having many rooms, some littered with dusty books and yellowing photographs. what is absolute, what an image? can one be guilty of words not spoken?
8 comments:
isn't your mind always half-dreaming? :-P
ha! :-)
no, dear anon., most of the time it is just dreaming, or I imagine it so.
this is, i might add, the first genuine 'mouse on the black sun, unless you're sexy.
thank you gentle, for coming here.
so you are dreaming of sexy and gentle, i see :-P
anon, I think this is what they call 'transference' in psychological circles...when the patient transfers their own desires onto someone else.
i think it is worth adding, to avoid all confusion and to spare the blushes of those of my readers who are concerned about maintaining a modicum of decency, that 'sexy' was actually a commenter, or a computer-generated message-on this blog some time back. either way, I'm quite fond of her.
but, gentle, why not put this subtle disguise behind you and write under your own name (or is this you, nabil?). don't be shy.
In any case, whoever you are, your inferences are all wrong. that I write of or to someone does not necessarily imply that I )or my mind) is dreaming of them.
Sorry to say, b, that this is definitely not John Riley! But I think that somewhere I have a snap of him, taken with Kris Hemensley (q.v.). Will try to find it and scan it.
'..something simple, like the ascent and descent in one's own house; having many rooms, some littered with dusty books and yellowing photographs. what is absolute, what an image? can one be guilty of words not spoken?'
In a literal sense, this very aptly describes The Brown House!And metaphorically? I'm still pondering that one. But I think one can most certainly be guilty of words not spoken, since guilt doesn't only exist when it is outed.
oh, okay. the perils of the internet! yes, i think you're right about guilt, but then silent gestures can count as a defence..perhaps it's too far gone when one has to talk/think in terms of guilt/defence?
why is it called the brown house, btw?
Hope all is well.
ciao,
b.
Someone said that guilt is a friendly interior voice reminding you that you're messing up.' I wonder, though,if the 'voice' always gets it right?
The Brown House:
It appears in the deeds of the house as that. But we're told that originally it got its name from a Mr. Brown, a local Head Teacher, who lived here in the early 20thC. We had to put a name-plate on the front because visitors kept looking for a BROWN house - it's not.
Yes, tout va bien and the Aged One is going to be 96 on Thursday. This despite the doc assuring me in December that she had 'weeks' left to live. So much for medical expertise......
a bientot
c
Post a Comment