"His versatile, even exotic, early life endowed him with wide experience, a sense of history, a knowledge of other social sciences apart from economics, and fluency and extensive reading in six languages..."
Compare this to the one-dimensional robots churned out by the factory nowadays. Startling!
~~~
Much of my life has been spent moving from one place to another (what others might call, less charitably, trying to escape reality). There's a certain childishness involved in that, of course, though I'd ideally like to think it stems from something more profound, like my Jewish restlessness.
Voice, always voice. But after a while no-one likes to hear an old dog bark...by a remarkable co-incidence, as I was writing this a senior faculty member walked into my room and said: "the faculty-wide internet discussion forums have now become open again..you can write what you want. I just came in to tell you personally. We're expecting you to turn the screw now and then on the admin., even if it is just one of your humorous piss-takes."
Well, that's a red flag to a bull: for a little while I'll side with the admin. Someone who is always unpredictable ceases to be unpredictable (a bit of bastardized Bloch for you there). Mix it up a bit. Talking of which: interesting discussion about the benefits of having more than one wife...Er...
Of course, it's hugely expensive. You couldn't lend me ten pounds could you, Roxana, fff, dear C?
~~~
After a while, exit always appears immensely alluring. Not that it will have any effect on anyone.

2 comments:
...Er... you could try crowd-funding?
but of course, once ensnared by money-lenders - there's no exit ever again...
yes, you're quite right, fff; why should I enter more complex forms of slavery!
:-0
Hope the leg is getting better.
Best wishes,
b.
Post a Comment