'The body can fail in ways that are extremely distressing, slowly and painfully, demanding much stoicism, or it can switch off with little more than a flash of dizziness.'
---D. Athill.
'I had something to say..
your voice-
it would be faint
and strange,
belonging
as it does now
to another age.'
What time we have, what time there is. No-one knows. All the things we couldn't name, in time.
"Why is there so much dust here?" the little one asks. She rants like a born-again: "We are all the children of Adam. [She just needs to add a " I tells ya" and we'd be deep in Bible territory].
"Okay then, where is his uncle, his aunt?"
She smiles, knowing she's been stumped but carries on. "God made everything, he made Himself."
"How did he do that, then?"
"He got some help from someone."
---D. Athill.
'I had something to say..
your voice-
it would be faint
and strange,
belonging
as it does now
to another age.'
What time we have, what time there is. No-one knows. All the things we couldn't name, in time.
"Why is there so much dust here?" the little one asks. She rants like a born-again: "We are all the children of Adam. [She just needs to add a " I tells ya" and we'd be deep in Bible territory].
"Okay then, where is his uncle, his aunt?"
She smiles, knowing she's been stumped but carries on. "God made everything, he made Himself."
"How did he do that, then?"
"He got some help from someone."

No comments:
Post a Comment