Sunday, April 02, 2017

Sway





I have a friend, I've never seen her,
a vision beheld, the purest dream.
She never pleased me, nor ever
let me down.

Hard to know if I'm asleep or awake

I don't know where she is,
in the mountains or in the plains.

Well, that was it. I don't know 
who I was singing for.

I am the fool on the bridge.
she can have no mercy:
there's nothing left but exile.

I'll go away, somewhere under the sun.

(Lines mangled from Peter Sirr's Sway)

~~~

I stand and watch the rain
Falling in pools which make
Our grave old planet shine;
The clear rain falling, just the same
As that which fell in Homer’s time
And that which dropped in Villon’s day
Falling on mother and on child
As on the passive backs of sheep;
Rain saying all it has to say
Again and yet again, and yet..


Supervielle.

No comments: