Tuesday, November 21, 2017


Political possibilities were opened up or narrowed down by different ways of organizing the flow and concentration of energy, and these possibilities were enhanced or limited by arrangements of people, finance, expertise and violence that were assembled in relationship to the distribution and control of energy. 

--from Carbon Democracy.

~~~

I guess you know just how huge a fan I am of Nick Cave's Skeleton Tree. Breathtakingly good. So good, in fact, that most of what else you listen to just doesn't seem real in comparison. So, it was with great disappointment that I read his recent statement. Ken Loach responded:

"Nick Cave has a choice, either to stand with the oppressed Palestinians or the Israeli state which denies them their human rights. He chooses to stand with the oppressor.”

That, I think, is a fair assessment.

~~~

Something began me and it had no beginning; something will end me and it has no end.

--Carl Sandburg. 

No comments: