We stood a moment so, in a strange world.And the Blue flames of love
Mourned the loss of the Red.
So close the book now,
For what be, let be unsaid.
Indestrucitible stars,coldest of flames.
A frost-starred heart
still spells out your name.
To whom shall I speak,
Then what shall I write?
Is it still day
Or is it now night?
Each mortal thing has its own double,and each its own law
But in love's dark mirror,I perceived its one flaw.
Gentle moonlight sighs
And peach-blossoms wait.
Disappear to eternity,
remembering their fate.
Their true life, then
This brief moment's fall.
My heart breaks too
In the heart of these walls.
-----b
~~
~~~
You ask me why I am sad
I do not answer
For my thoughts are carried
like peach blossoms down a stream
Far away from the world.
---After Li Po
4 comments:
oh you like peach blossoms :-) I'll maybe send you something later, right now I'm captured by the beauty of the painting, what is it, a book illustration?
No, not really. Prefer peaches(especially with cream) :)
Look forward to my present!
Yes, I think it's a book illustration of Nizami's Khamseh.
don't ask, Roxana! I don't know anything more and just liked the picture and the other ones I saw in the British Library.
take care,
b.
ok, no more questions then :-) but it's truly beautiful!
hm, in this case I'm in trouble, peach blossoms I could provide but peaches with cream won't make a great picture I'm afraid :-) and sending them as it is won't do either, you are so far far away. but what is this, all his subtle aesthetical musings are gone when it comes to sweets, how awful :-P
Alas, I am Ragueneau, not Cyrano!:)
Roxane: "I wanted cream-you gave me gruel"
Post a Comment