Occasionally a pigeon will fly too close to the earth and then the human being will take evasive action by instinctively raising his arm towards his head; some of them duck their heads, others hold their arms so that their forearms shield them, as if they were protecting themselves from an overbearing sun.
Sometimes when the human being is walking thoughtlesly and aimlessly he will cross the space of a pigeon unknowingly; in such cases the birds become startled and suddenly take flight. The human is amazed by this and very often laughs. More often than not he will hop about and enter a cosmic dance with the pigeon...this helps him redicscover his animal soul.
Children, on the other hand, have not forgotten the ancient rituals and stomp their feet on the ground when they approach the space of the pigeons-giving them ample warning.
A white bird floats effortlessly in open skies; both marvel at the generosity of the other. She follows love's trackless way, guided by her instincts, her upward movement like a solitary intuition in the mind of the universe. At a distance cloud and bird merge into one.
Crow was white. Once.
And...
Beauty of woman and of wise hearts, and gentle knights in armour; the song of birds and the discourse of love; bright ships moving swiftly on the sea; clear air when the dawn appears, and white snow falling without wind; stream of water and meadow with every flower; gold, silver, azure in ornaments.
Everything depends on our capacity for lightness, for the openness that is 'and'...as if our reality was the strength of our desire to join, to connect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
b., sorry I've been so slow to comment. I wasn't sure what to add. These are both beautiful. Tell me again why you quit posting? And why you started again? Maybe Roxana is your muse.
n, is everything okay?
I was a bit worried that you hadn't written but then again, my computer is messed up. For some strange reason when i go to someone's blog i'm taken to an older post. It's as if anything anyone writes only gets here a few days later.
thank you for your kind words.
Quit becasue I had nothing to say and I don't like the idea that I *have* to do something. Plus, I was feeling a bit down.
why did I start again? for the same reason..that I don't *have* to stay silent.
no, no muse or amusement..the taliban wouldn't let me.
Take care,
b.
Post a Comment