Please forgive me anton!
I was talking to R about Aristotle today (not that I know anything about him, but I like saying the word 'Aristotelian' to her). She seemed quite charmed by it all and even concurred that he was, as the Muslims used to say, the 'divine Aristotle'. Well, she seemed quite happy at the time.
R (or Winston-a striking resemblance to Churchill!) listens very intently when we discuss her plans about attacking Japan and destroying the Japanese people.
Very soon the conversation turned to Plato. What would she say? Was he, as Popper wrote, a sort of prototype for the closed-world thinker? Or could he be seen as a mystic? The answer, I found, was simple but profound as she looked to one side sheepishly, and then back at me, and then threw up her undigested milk all over my shoulder! No use crying over this particular spilt milk when the universal Form is endless and unchanging.
So endeth R's second lesson to little man.
Thought this was fairly interesting
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
looks to me like an appropriate reaction of the little darling. indoctrination with western philosophy should at least always wait until cinnamonroll age is achieved. cinnamonroll dunked in milk? or british double cream? i thhought "fool" is an excellent dairy product as well :), maybe right in the sense of your post. nevermind. philosophy is dull.
Oh little man! I'm loving these. (...please write us a middle of the night post, babies like to save their best lessons for mmmmmmm 3 am)
yes! but when does that start? help!!
anton, have you tried clotted cream? you won't look back once you have [err..except unless you develop heart problems and, looking back, say: why *did* I listen to that idiot?! :-) ]
fl, thanks! :-))...but I cannot force her to reveal her secrets...but yeah, 3 a.m sounds about par for the course!:-)
Take care both of you.
got to rush ...you won't be surprised... woefully under prepared for today's class...
hello.
b.
i go to cornwall in summer to check it out, clotted cream. let me know if i should post you some :)
Post a Comment