'The silence grew to be a noticeable thing as the minutes went on, and nobody else appeared, and not a soul moved..."Ah, when? God knows!" he said, with a light irony, and turning from her walked rapidly away'.
~~~
we see with our memory.
---David Hockney.
even though it is bewildering, staggering, we must face the facts of reality.
---the swami.
the unseen exists and has properties.
---Richard Ford.
Man in his essence is the memory of Being. Of being.
---Heidegger.
~~~
all souls are one, it is sometimes said. would it not be true to say, no, to know, that one soul is more than one, or that one soul is more than one can take? time changed, and we grew to what we were. traces were there from the start, in the old photos-if you looked hard enough.and how hard you looked. that core being, around which a flower grew. and yet sometimes the centre isn't there, still you go on, like writing on a keyboard without the c's and r's. the numbers on the phone are missing too, so you dial like a blind man,hoping you recognize the voice.
we live on an island. as time accumulates and our lives shrink, the more real our island-life seems, the more unreal others appear.and yet what needs to be seen is seen. it is all here, as if condensed in a tiny mirror you brought with you. the whole world displayed in miniature in the glass because the heart still remembers your face.
5 comments:
So sorry, b. Another time, another time........
no problem, dear C. wasn't meant to be (he says, putting on his best oriental hat!).
This was the only Hardy I've read but it did seem somewhat related (and i love saying to people...mainly the dougal, 'you fool for so fooling me').
thoroughly depressing day. most of my friends seem to be half-mad and I haven't got the stomach for writing a blog about it. Next time I *really* should keep a better name for the blog..perhpas something like 'yellow sun' !
:-)
Keep well,
b.
Maybe this is the time to re-visit Montaigne: How to live? - Reflect on everything,regret nothing.
Pity you didn't stay on Facebook. There's a nice pic of Alice today, since you didn't get to see her for real!
'night, b. Sleep well.
:) :) :)
from an interview with a photographer that i adore, Yamamoto:
"As you can see, my photos are small and seem old. In fact, I work so that they’re like that. I could wait 30 years before using them, but that’s impossible. So, I must age them. I take them out with me on walks, I rub them with my hands, this is what gives me my desired expression. This is called the process of forgetting or the production of memory. Because in old photos the memories are completely manipulated and it’s this that interests me and this is the reason that I do this work.
"If I take small photos, it’s because I want to make them into the matter of memories. And it’s for this reason that I think the best format is one that is held in the hollow of the hand. If we can hold the photo in our hand, we can hold a memory in our hand. A little like when we keep a family photo with us.
thanks for sharing that, roxana. was fascinating. will check out the work as well (if it's online).
keep well,
b.
Post a Comment