Friday, October 28, 2011
back to the sun
Only this? Those shivers at first-light, this succession
of moments, thread after thin thread-hours, years
drawn into the curve of life...
I don't want to hear from you,
don't want to see your eyes.
There's more to life than this.
---Robin Robertson.
Back to that first moment, your smile trembling through the rain. First light. Just warm enough for us to touch one another, before you moved off on a tangent. Back to that open door, where we once lived off one another. Your thin and gentle face, that quizzical look, like that of a dog that's lost her master. The sun made us equals.
And now? When you add up the years, you will notice I have nothing-all the smiles were from you, all the tears from me. My face has darkened for no reason that I can gather and my eyes seem unnaturally sad.The hand of the executioner is so fair!You promised to send word, said it would be a bond between us,like a fetter in a world that contains the space of mirrors.I wait here darkly for the sun to return, so that our paths might cross once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment