Thursday, November 22, 2012

Tiananmen Square

You have to laugh, don't you. Apart from floating millions of tonnes of shit (read: commodities) around the world-which I guess is just part of the modern world for you- what gets on your wick is the capitalists pretending to be Commies. Or, in other words: them having their cake and eating it too.

I can't think of a single place I'd rather not go to. Maybe 'sock city' which produces 60% of the world's socks would be okay-ish for a day visit. But, nah. Maybe India, which just represents a slightly better version of the stuff here. Personally, all those miniatures make me feel like throwing up and I'd rather see a dancing bear than the Taj Mahal. What about the "mystical east". Yeah, right, if you can find your way through all that garbage, the slums, the cheap materialism, the jingoistic nationalism, and the stench from refuse and dead bodies that is. The "spiritual east" is a corner shop in Bombay. Some guy who hasn't cut his nails for 20 years ain't it, bro'. For heaven's sake, haven't they heard of personal hygiene? [The best line ever: Churchill on hearing that Gandhi was back in town: Oh no! Not that bloody fakir again!]Not so "spiritual" when it comes to atrocities in Kashmir, Gujarat, or the Punjab methinks. But let's not go there. Where's Sunny Leone when you need her? Wheel in Krishnamurti, Deepak Chopra or some other fucking charlatan.

Is it me, or does the Dalai Lama smile too much? Reminds you of Peter Sellers in Being There. The saffron robes. Yes, of course. But I could just nab one from Qatar airways next time without all the hassle of the spiritual practices. Have I ever told you, Roxana, how much "religious" people piss me off? They're nearly as bad as the anti-religious.

Of course, the Paks. are just as bad. Not much of the "peace of Islam" when it comes to the rape and massacres in East Pakistan or the support of all sorts of crazies in Kashmir, Afghanistan, etc. But, no, let's talk about Sufism or 'the glories of the past', anything for Christ's sake but reality!

No comments: