I thought the distance between I & the world would be overcome in the closeness between man & woman. But there is only "man" and "woman" and "world". And what of "I"? What of it? A blue illumination that flickers, dangerously short of breath. If there is one word in the English language that must be preserved, remembered, underlined, then it is &.
Mid-morning, with nothing to do and no-one to speak to (for they are still asleep) I find myself./ Free.
A sounds like I when spoken.
---Thalia Field.
I am not I, when I am you & I am not I, when I am not you.
Orr, Sappho, the clear, unbroken line amongst the fragments...
[I
[I] am not
you & I
not when [..
not [you]
Mid-morning, with nothing to do and no-one to speak to (for they are still asleep) I find myself./ Free.
A sounds like I when spoken.
---Thalia Field.
I am not I, when I am you & I am not I, when I am not you.
Orr, Sappho, the clear, unbroken line amongst the fragments...
[I
[I] am not
you & I
not when [..
not [you]
2 comments:
and i would have thought there is only the "i", man, woman, or world being bothersome distinctions :-)
well, that, to bring up another distinction, is the difference between me and you!
:-)
K.
Post a Comment