I have nothing to say and I do not know how to say it.
The brief outline of it is this:
||
~~~~
...
[
[
When all is said and done.
Can one choose to be inarticulate? A question to myself. Augustine would have said.
Diary Notes:
What keeps us a prisoner is not knowing what keeps us a prisoner.
You stumble, you trip. The form of your 'unknowingness'. A word that does not exist!
____
Roxana, are you still alive?
_ __ __ __
Don't read too much into that.
.
To understand the one point from which the book originates. Once attained, that would exempt him from writing.
--stolen from Vila-Mattas.
In the process of reading, of figuring out. This will probably be written on my gravestone, except that wahabis don't have gravestones!
Do cockroaches eat ants? Just asking. Today, in the morning, you saw twenty, thirty ants scrambling over the dead body of a cockroach (yes, okay, I admit it, I killed it).
Is that a kind of justice, or just the circle of life? And why should I intervene-god-like-in the affairs of these creatures?
Is there anyone out there who likes both cinnamon roles and Walser (apart from anton, of course)? In this day and age one must do with just cinnamon rolls, I suppose. I told you I have nothing to say!
The black sun of my room is lit up by artificial lights. White light is-putting my scientific hat on for a mo-bad for you.
| |
At Heathrow, just before boarding the plane, one of the plain clothed spooks floating about asked me: "How much money are you taking back to __?"
Instinctively I put my hand to my trouser pocket. "Five pounds"
"Are you sure?"
"Perhaps five pounds twenty".
One can get away with a lot if one is vague.
||
On a cheque you write your name four times. Twice on the front, twice on the back.
"Is this your signature?" asks the clerk.
"I've just written it in front of you, haven't I!"
"Do you have proof you are who you say you are?"
Does anyone? This is going to be a long day. But I would love, just once, to sign something not in my name.
3 comments:
just for the record, over here I am doing without cinnamon rolls but with Walser.
hope you're well...
fff
Glad to hear it, fff, but this just confirms my suspicions..the sad demise of cinnamon rolls in the western world (please, let's not talk about cinnabon).
so, what are you reading?
hope all else is well?
Salams,
b.
nothing as delicate to taste in translation as food ....but if cinnamon rolls are indeed made of the same stuff as our local "brioches", then I can report there's a very resilient cinnamon rolls baking tradition over here!
as to my reading ,i'm nearing the end of 1.100 pages of European 20th Century history (by Geert Mak, a Dutch journalist) - a great but utterly depressing book, because of the vivid evocation of the 20c's well known European horrors.
SoiI hope to switch back soon to irrelevant old art history books speaking of erudition and harmony.
best,
fff
Post a Comment