'Moving through this crowded space, the pilgrim enters into the underlying “emptiness”—really a kind of infinite spaciousness—that is the stuff of Tibetan Buddhist reality. It may be strange to think that a universe so densely populated is actually, in some profound sense, empty. Judging by the literary sources we have available, to take this spaciousness into oneself, momentarily clearing heart and mind of the detritus that normally clogs our perceptions, provides a sense of vast psychic relief. The seemingly empty space is, however, a highly active arena within which our minds weave the web that we take to be the world.'
I see it now-this world swiftly passing
---Karna.
||
'Our reputation, our character, our name are considerations of vast weight and importance.'
--Hume.
The artist of the floating world, looks back, needs mirrors. Light and shadows pass: the tree stands firm.
'I dine, I play a game of backgammon, I converse, and am merry with my friends. And when, after three or four hours amusement, I would return to these speculations, they appear so cold, and strained, and ridiculous, that I cannot find in my heart to enter into them any farther.'


No comments:
Post a Comment