Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Crow

I was going to write about narcissism after reading Zoe Williams's article but then decided against it because this struck me as altogether more vital:

"The main thing is the love I have for the people around me, and I only really focus on compassion and forgiveness because that's the only way and I didn't used to do that at all.

I took too long to grow up, and now I've got that perspective on what my life should be about I've probably never been happier."

--Martin Crowe.

~

The keys you hold, the daily transitions through the dihliz of the heart, not sure of what to let go off, what to hold on to, of what you leave behind and what awaits you. Sometimes you lose the keys. And then? And then you are left at the centre of a circle..waiting.

The heart turns, alights on no form, swoops at an awkward angle, like a crow that bends down to pick up some litter.

~
"Till this moment I never knew myself"

Not through abstraction, philosophy; not through religion, thinking or the sheer passage of time. What is it, then, that leads you to this semblance of an understanding? 


No comments: