Thursday, November 08, 2007

Last Tango



Some music, for those who are far away

3 comments:

billoo said...

Astarte:

The Invitation - Oriah Mountain Dreame
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ynLnUFLkQ&eurl=http://mozaffar.progressiveislam.org/?m=200708&paged=3)

Best Wishes.

Raza Rumi said...

Just saw this video - please write about it and explain a little more -

also visit www.pakteahouse.wordpress.com

cheers

billoo said...

Don't know what to explain, Raza.

It's just a song that I liked (from the film Il Postino).

I don't know what the lyrics are; I don't know who this person in the video is. All I know is that this song makes me feel sad and that I don't need to know why.

But if it's explanations you want..you might want to look at Borges' essay on Tango..

On second thoughts: don't.

In the film the song is played by Neruda when he's far away from home, friends, and loved ones. It reminds him of that other place, that 'second space'. Perhaps, even, that we are always exiles, and that the "world is just a metaphor for something else".

What else is music/life but a trace of silence, a flickering shadow on the wall?.. A desire to move beyond explanations...

Astarte: thanks for the video link.

Keep well,

b.