
Some people think that there are an irreducible core set of principles by which to live by. Fair enough. It's tempting, da stiu. But what if there is, as C says, an 'existential fluidity'. Things change, capstones shift. We would be nothing if we didn't cling on, if we didn't dream of home, but we would be nothing if we didn't, sometimes, let go... if we didn't want to be as light as air. What is 'down' is not always down..sometimes it will be up, like a balloon, empty, hollow, but on the ascent.
From a distance, the white diamond looks like a black sun. And from close up? There is no apprehending of it close up, since it blinds.
Oh, come, so that your picture be placed
within my heart-
don't go to China, for there they'll paint it
just on silk.
When the Emperor of China dies,
the porcelain will let down her hair from despair.
** 'da stiu' means 'I know' (apparently). I just like the sound of it, but for all I know it might mean oranges!
No comments:
Post a Comment