Thursday, April 09, 2009

Night on the Sun

Hush, gentle one, the roar subsides, the seas of light settle. What was meant to be, now is. On the far side of the moon there are people identical to us living different lives, the mirror image of our own. There, black is white and in is out. And it is night on the sun.

Night has fallen on the sun, has come to rest there, give her solace. Darkness has made her visible again. And so we gaze, and gaze, intently and with ever greater longing. No more reflections or looking through the glass darkly; but eye to eye, and face to face at last-a different type of blindness at the still point of the heart.

And you walk beside the beloved, lost, and found, like the sea and the shore, when it is night on the sun.
But here, here on earth, only black keys are struck, out of tune, with no reason and no rhyme. Here there was a kind of coldness in your stare even when it wasn't night on the sun. And when it is night on earth, black is still black, blue is still blue; I am still me, and you are still you.



6 comments:

Folded letters said...

I almost sat up to look out my window. To see if I could see the "still point of the heart"

And you know, your earlier post about us /and/ them. Remember how I said it's all part of /one/. And you said no, it's about /and/. I still disagree. And agree. Because /and/ make one thing out of two. The two are still there, but they're inside a circle.

Do you think those people on the far side of the moon look at each other? And see the right things? Are they in love?

And I ask myself: "who is your /you/"

/Your/ you?

All these / are making me dizzy. Goodnight.

See you in the sunrise. n

Roxana said...

b, this picture is much better than mine :-)

"and face to face at last-a different type of blindness at the still point of the heart." this is one of those rare sentences born out of grace.

billoo said...

yes, incredible lines, aren't they? I copied them from the back of a cornflakes packet. Amazing!

Of course it's not better. For one it is just cut and paste. Yours was your own 'vision' (please don't tell em you copied it from somewhere!)
:-0

And for seconds, the lens on that camera was slightly, ever so slightly , bigger than yours!

have a great weekend!

b.

billoo said...

n, yes, I like that thought a lot:
"The two are still there, but they're inside a circle. "

Yes, No, yes (the answers to some of your questions-in no particular order)

they look at each other but see themselves.

there was actually a film like that. I think it was called the dark side of the moon where everything that was right was left and vice versa. The main dude nearly went mad when he got to the other side but I can't remember why. I mean, how big a problem can that be? He couldn't shave properly with his left hand, the spaghetti kept on slipping from his fork because he wasn't used to holding it with his left hand etc, etc.

see ya'

b.

Folded letters said...

Morning b, Sliding spaghetti---that is enough to make one go mad. I have a hard enough time keeping it on the fork when I'm using my right hand.

The idea of the mirror has been on my mind lately. Our objects of love, are they just projections of ourselves. Have you noticed how many people marry someone who sort of looks like them? My own antecdote and not scientific at all. No proof.

Folded letters said...

This too:
I am not I.
I am this one
Walking beside me whom I do not see.
Whom at times I manage to visit,
And at other times I forget.
The one who remains silent when I talk,
The one who forgives, sweet, when I hate,
The one who takes a walk when I am indoors,
The one who will remain standing when I die.
-Juan Ramon Jimenez