Sunday, May 03, 2009

Redemption Songs



I loved the music and this scene. Somehow reminded me of something by Verdi (Triumphal March?) . Don't read many biographies-but Peter Brook's was a memorable one and I can't imagine many better (if anyone has a favourite, please do mention it). Peter Brown's Augustine, of course. I was given Lee Iaccoca (whatever) when I was a kid for some strange reason. Who reads such tosh, I wonder? Americans maybe, or perhaps the same people who read stuff like 'How to be Successful' or 'How to Make Friends'. Bizarre, utterly bizarre. Oh well, takes all sorts, I guess.

When the Taleban march in is this what they'll be singing as well? Hmm. At 'the lounge' today for breakfast. Last year they used to play good stuff-like Julie London's 'Cry me a river'. Today, it was just naats (religious songs-like choir songs, sort of).

I see.

3 comments:

* said...

redemption song, peter brown's augustine, who reads such tosh, all associations only lead to one question:
wasn't peter tosh killed by the cia?

Folded letters said...

hehe, I like her

billoo said...

hmm..can't talk about the cia on this site...security reasons, you know. All hush, hush..mum's the word.