One thing I've noticed over the last year is the alarming growth of conspiracy theories and the proliferation of half-baked crackpots. If that monkey, Zakir Naik, wasn't enough to put up with, there's now this ridiculous cartoon character that is 'wowing' the semi-educated urbanites with his nonsense on stilts.
Last week he came here and harped on with his delusional rhetoric: World War I was started to protect 'the Jews'; the Federal Reserve system was dominated by the Jewish Rothschilds, the first Israeli Prime Minister explicitly stated (back in the '50's) that the real threat to the State of Israel was Pakistan, how nearly everyone here is a CIA "asset" -except, of course, the army! What a fucking joke! Then the usual 'global conspiracy' by the media, run by the "liberal" elites. How many times I've heard that over the last year!
And this charlatan is now the darling of the masses. I rest my case. This country is sliding, sliding fast...
Last week graduating students celebrated their last day with a silly and mainly harmless riot in which they dressed up as dacoits ('dakus') and took money from the facutly.
One outraged faculty member wrote this:
I would request Mufti Kamaluddin Sahib and Dr. Zeeshan Ahmed Sahib to please share their views with BSc 2009 on the "permissibility" of money "collected" by them on Daku day. Also their opinion on the "consequences" of food consumed through such "income" in this world and the hereafter.
That's the level of discussion. Not what's happening in Swat, not the gross social and economic injustices, the power crisis, political instability..none of that moves our little friend to indignation. These are all "worldly"-and therefore lowly-matters for him. Far too lowly, in fact, to be the object of thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment