Friday, December 18, 2009

Baron in the clouds


Our period demands a type of man who can restore the lost equilibrium between inner and outer reality. This equilibrium, never static but,like reality itself, involved in continuous change, is like that of a tightrope dancer who, by small adjustments, keeps a continuous balance between his being and empty space.
----Sigfried Giedion.


I'm the ferryboat;
you're the traveler

Your faces isn't the moon
but it crosses the mountains and waters to shine on me

I hold you and cross the water
I bear you across the deep, the shallow, the rapid.

If you don't come, I endure wind, snow, rain,
and wait for you from dusk till dawn..
sooner or later you'll come, I know
I wait for you and grow older, day by day

I'm the ferryboat;
you're the traveler.

I take a step and then another, one at a time. Walk into the unknown. I will leave this place. I will fly and not look back. Find that other time that legend speaks of. Beyond the grey clouds, aloof and tinged with sadness, the faded splendour of pinks and purples; past still lakes and enchanted palaces, domes built from silver and glass. Through the snow storm and blindness and the blackness of the sun. My mind as unified as stone, as sharp as the crow's. Beyond the blue horizon, the wild sky. and thorn and star, heat and cold. My mind, mirror of the universe, my soul all turmoil, all harmony. And there, there I shall fall to a beautiful death.

5 comments:

Roxana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roxana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roxana said...

ooooh

what has happened here, a snow storm overnight deleting my precious comments?! has the mighty BS woken up in one of his legendary rage moods and decided to trample everything? :-P
were you upset that i took you for a talented poet? :-P

Anonymous said...

such an ungrateful child..and so mistrustful as well!:-)

in one of my gracious moods (do i have any other, my readers may well ask)i thought i would delete your silly comments, saving you from embarrassment-just in case manuela or anyone else read them and thought to themselves: what is that silly girl, roxana, going on about.

you can think of the snow as deleting the ink marks (okay, okay, or whatever computers spew out)..or as a blank page full of open ways, second chances, and second spaces.