Thursday, April 15, 2010

Remnants of hearing, seeing



when you speak there is a silence in your voice, a silence that is a kind of sadness. or was it my name on your lips? but when you are silent, there is a kind of sadness in my heart.

with a variable key
you unlock the house,
in it
drifts the snow of the unsaid.

I remain unrecognized by you, for you,alone. I must remember to forget you, and not say 'you' or 'I'. when we meet, i will have nothing to say to you, and you shall not call after me. but you will do something utterly simple and ordinary, like unfold your clothes before me, and that will be a kind of revelation.

3 comments:

Folded letters said...

hi b, must tell you I had a horrible dream the other night and once awake I reached for my phone to do some reading (to distract myself, yes?) and then saw this post, I played the music quietly like a lullaby. All felt safe in the world, and I fell back to sleep thinking of le chat noir. This is the love in the machinery.

billoo said...

yeah, but please don't tell me what the actual dream was...i have enough trouble dealing with my own reality and my own dreams! :-)


err..can one read books from one's phone in amrika?

distract yourself?!

you should have headed straight for the fridge for some you know whats :-)

glad that this music was of some help. All is well in the world again. oh, btw, could you send a cheque of $3.50 for the services rendered by my blog! I should market this! Or even better, my voice (people are in the habit of dozing off when I talk/lecture..*I said people are*...it's very soothing, or so I'm told)

:-)

what is '54 voices'?

hello!

b.

Folded letters said...

3.50?? You're so cheap b! You ought to rethink your fees. Your posts are enigmatic per usual, if anything they feel a bit like dreaming. Or a bit like notes from your day... not at all sleepy.