Sunday, June 05, 2011

.


There was truth in the first moment; and truth in the last. In both, I found your silence.

No heart is as whole as a broken heart.

We dance around in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
---Robert Frost.

In the last moment there is a revelation of what we are. Already, to say 'we' is to move beyond the circle and to be at one with it. To look out for you. I saw a face, and all of humanity was there; you saw a crow...But the existence of the image at the end implies it was always there. Wouldn't you agree, Roxana? The last moment is also a beginning...

The circle of our lives: to some appears full, to others empty. Some see this as life, others as death.The whole of truth contained in a full stop. There are no distinctions, and there is no knowing how things will turn out. In love, what is 'inner' and what is 'outer'?

Friend, we are meant
For each other...
Let's cohabit,
Mindful of all we share
---Guillevic.

(link to Guillevic courtesy of P. Joris, at nomadics)

2 comments:

Roxana said...

even if i didn't agree, i would be so seduced by your broken circles and twisted words, that i would end up agreeing :-)

(not really true, i would never, for ex, try your tea with sugar :-P)

billoo said...

"twisted"?! I beg your pardon! :-)

but little r has tea without sugar all the time (not that she likes it, it's just her attempt to be sociable).

I'm hooked to this 'enso' thing, though. Quite a coincidence. Pierre's page had a link to some poet and a quote by T. Ando (who I'd quoted a few posts earlier). And on that page it said Ando was influenced by 'enso'. they're so sublime.

And now that you've been so nice I think agreeing or disagreeing doesn't matter. :-)

Take care, roxana.

b.