'The lack of system is a sign of generosity of mind.'
---from a review of Jonathan Meades's new book.
'Better naked than the Burqa'
---Femen.
A man in Hyderbad has, apparently, been accused of blasphemy for not closing his shop in protest or not participating in the riots.
The lack of system, you think to yourself, only makes sense against the background of a well-functioning system. There's chaos, then there's chaos.
Just got a soft copy of Julia Kristeva's superb chapter on Holbein's 'Dead Christ' from her book, Black Sun. Anyone who wants a copy can e-mail me.
Economists don't usually think in absolutes; goodness is really reducible to 'betterness'. X is better than Y and Y is better than Z and the ordering of them or, rather, the conditions we think that should structure the ordering, are what counts as rationality (or at least the minimal version of rationality).
My first trip to America. Quite chuffed that I found an old coin-about 100 years old-in the subway. As I walk up the dark steps into the light I see hundreds upon hundreds of topless women protesting. I rub my eyes in disbelief! America! What a whacky place (admittedly, this was only New York and you suspect the rest, Larkin's 'desert of bigots', to be slightly unhinged in a different way). Which reminds you: must look out for The Master.
---from a review of Jonathan Meades's new book.
'Better naked than the Burqa'
---Femen.
A man in Hyderbad has, apparently, been accused of blasphemy for not closing his shop in protest or not participating in the riots.
The lack of system, you think to yourself, only makes sense against the background of a well-functioning system. There's chaos, then there's chaos.
Just got a soft copy of Julia Kristeva's superb chapter on Holbein's 'Dead Christ' from her book, Black Sun. Anyone who wants a copy can e-mail me.
Economists don't usually think in absolutes; goodness is really reducible to 'betterness'. X is better than Y and Y is better than Z and the ordering of them or, rather, the conditions we think that should structure the ordering, are what counts as rationality (or at least the minimal version of rationality).
My first trip to America. Quite chuffed that I found an old coin-about 100 years old-in the subway. As I walk up the dark steps into the light I see hundreds upon hundreds of topless women protesting. I rub my eyes in disbelief! America! What a whacky place (admittedly, this was only New York and you suspect the rest, Larkin's 'desert of bigots', to be slightly unhinged in a different way). Which reminds you: must look out for The Master.
No comments:
Post a Comment