Friday, February 06, 2009

in the blue shade


Tears Dry On Their Own - Amy Winehouse


All wrath? All cruelty? Be what you may
I wish that all you are had been for me.

I shall write to you without cause
simply to write your name fills me with love

Though I do not understand her words,
and may not know her heart
Is it not enough that one so beautiful speaks to me?

When, Lord. you fated me to bear such grief
You should have given me more hearts than one.

---selections from Ghalib.

8 comments:

Lupe said...

(How do you smile with words? Mmh, not quite possible. Well, perhaps a simple "thanks for the verses" might do)

Folded letters said...

b., I did the opposite. thank you, I needed to

billoo said...

Atenea, hello!
Don't know, but I guess :) has to do [ or, with a nose :-) ]

sorry I can't comment on your blog.

fl, er..what ae you saying here? (sorry, a bit dense at this very moment..just had a large brunch and am dazing off as I write this..and don't say: " but you *always* sound dense!")

Keep well,

b.

Folded letters said...

b., Being dense isn't always a bad thing...just think poundcake. :) No, I was saying that I cried while reading (because Atenea said she smiled). In fact typing was hard, because everything was foggy. And I've been very numb lately, so to feel sad was a relief. And a release, both. So, thank you.

By the way, you know you have so many female readers because (imo) we all imagine someone writing those things for us. So, I'd say you've got things figured out. Far from dense.

Lupe said...

(I think Fl meant the opposite from me, that is, most likely he/she felt like crying)
--------------------
(Thanks for worrying - you don't need to read me, but if you feel curious my last post, which was made in answer to Kubla's request, has a whole translation in the "comments" section)

billoo said...

fl, you cried? Holy moley! No more Ghalib for you m'dear! :-)
But seriously, hope that you're feeling better now.

female readers..er..um.. (this is where 'playing' dense actually comes in handy)
but no, there are , I think, 4 fairly regular female readers and two male readers.


salaams,

b.

billoo said...

Atenea, thanks. *Now* I get it!

No, you're right, I don't need to read you but it does seem to be the courteous thing to do. And besides, it's always interesting reading other people's stuff.

Best wishes,

b.

Folded letters said...

You can't kid a kidder b. :)

And the crying was good, I love Ghalib, in fact right before we moved I bought a big book of his writing, and I still haven't been able to find it.

You do seem to *know* things.....are you sure you don't work for the government?

Kidding. ;)