Friday, September 18, 2009

in a silent way



There's so much fakery out there, so much pettiness of soul and cheap sentimentality..fuck, i think of all that chinese plastic crap floating around the world. But when all that falls away, there's this. And it's real.

Geoff Dyer on the freedom of jazz..the ability to absorb influences, be open to them, give them your own shape, your own signature. A great work of art isn't, in principle, changed by events, by time. Perhaps. But in reality it is. And what is real, is now.

3 comments:

Roxana said...

this is a response to your shamanistic post as well :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmiW9pTskrs

morning, b!

Folded letters said...

Loved that b, I'm downloading the album as I type. Been looking for something exactly like this. Thank you thank you!

(hi r :) Now I'm going to look at what you brought....)

billoo said...

thanks.

you're welcome.