There was a net. Andree's black net. It would keep us afloat, was full of wondrous, brilliant stars and it was like a black sun, a heart full of mystery...

But it was destined to fall. Heavy as lead, solemn, holy like a whale. We marveled at it. Did I say "it"?

I thought I saw a face. I got lost. Saw someone, after all this time wandering in the emptiness, someone not quite real..perhaps too real...

And then a strange peace came over us as we stared north, which was our true home. Lost, together. This strange, serene light between us. Land, sea, sky were all one.

Dear andree said we will eventually disappear and our lives be nothing but a distant memory. What could I say? From the very first moment we met, andree, we were already ghosts.

3 comments:
this is wondrous! tell me who is Andree and who took these amazing pictures and what story they tell (except the one that you so beautifully wrote for us)
who is andree?...good question!
andree was an explorer i was reading about . incredible story. expedition of three people to the north pole in a balloon. 1897. they are lost. no-one knows where they are. then in 1930 the crew of a ship stumble across a tent and some skeletons. they also find some notebooks and diaries..and some photographs (which can be seen at the gellna museum...online)
the last line from the article (New yorker) had this line: "they were already ghosts") and so i thought I'd use it to tell a different story!
did you get the 'first things first' bit?
hello! :-)
as always, thanks for dropping by. I was seriously thinking about this being the last post [yes, again! :-) ] because it so perfectly mirrored the first.
anyways...
b.
seriously thing about closing the blog pfffft
nobody will believe that any longer! :-P
(of course i read your first post)
Post a Comment