yes, I like it as well. It reminds me of something by Vaughan Williams i once heard. Probably is the 4th because that's what he's talking about. I'll post (or send) you more if you want.
Take care anton,
b.
p.s the name 'Idris'..it's weird..this is not the first time I've heard a Welsh/Celtic name that is the same as an Arabic one.
can't remember off hand but have come across some. yahya and the welsh version sound quite similar. in welsh-and i still remember this from childhood!- the numbers:
as they're pronounced (don't know the spellings)
een dai tree pedwar pimp chwech saith wyth nawr deg
of course, i think that for some primal 'objects' there's a lot more similarity across languages.
so, in punjabi two is dho; three is trai; six is chaih; seven is sath; eight is ath; nine is naw; ten is thus.
but i'll check up on the names and get back to you.
7 comments:
thanks b, a very true thing what he says about contradictions...
anton, you're welcome! do you know what the music is by any chance? It's a really good cd (I'm chuffed that I got it so cheap as well..er...)
Stokowski comes across as a wise man.
Keep well,
b.
no don't know at all what the music is. ives? isn't he talking about ives? no idea. whatever, main thing is that it is nice.
yes, I like it as well. It reminds me of something by Vaughan Williams i once heard. Probably is the 4th because that's what he's talking about. I'll post (or send) you more if you want.
Take care anton,
b.
p.s the name 'Idris'..it's weird..this is not the first time I've heard a Welsh/Celtic name that is the same as an Arabic one.
it can't get more english with vaughan williams, can it? thank you you don;'t have to send it i check it out on the net.
yes i thought too, idris was an interesting name, didn't know it was arabic and celtic at the same time. which ones are the other names?
can't remember off hand but have come across some. yahya and the welsh version sound quite similar. in welsh-and i still remember this from childhood!- the numbers:
as they're pronounced (don't know the spellings)
een
dai
tree
pedwar
pimp
chwech
saith
wyth
nawr
deg
of course, i think that for some primal 'objects' there's a lot more similarity across languages.
so, in punjabi two is dho; three is trai; six is chaih; seven is sath; eight is ath; nine is naw; ten is thus.
but i'll check up on the names and get back to you.
keep well,
K.
thanks that's interesting. counting in welsh... so have you lived in wales for a while?
in dutch it is:
een
twee
drie
vier
vijf (you pronounce it like english five)
zes
zeven
acht
negen
tien
Post a Comment