Ay, it is sweet! Half hidden,--half revealed-- You see the dark folds of my shrouding cloak, And I, the glimmering whiteness of your dress: I but a shadow-- you a radiance fair! Know you what such a moment holds for me? ...If ever I were eloquent. . . ---Rostand
Rostand's O.K. But his wife, Rosemande Gerard, has the best lines: Car, vois-tu, chaque jour je t’aime davantage, Aujourd’hui plus qu’hier et bien moins que demain. (For, you see, each day I love you more, Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.)
2 comments:
ah, but if you were even more eloquent than that, we would all be lost here! :-)
(no joke, though)
it's too late for the music now, but tomorrow morning i will listen to it, still half asleep...
Rostand's O.K. But his wife, Rosemande Gerard, has the best lines:
Car, vois-tu, chaque jour je t’aime davantage,
Aujourd’hui plus qu’hier et bien moins que demain.
(For, you see, each day I love you more,
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.)
How's that for 'eloquence'?
Post a Comment