


Roxana, I can't send you these sweets but at least you can look at them
Celia, I wanted to send you some pictures of 'rallis' but realised that you've written about them and so there's not much point. Instead, I hope you like this picture of a kalash girl.
Folded, see picture above.
Sadia, have you been here?
Anton, wanted to show you this picture of some hats. They're the coolest hats in the world. I used to wear one every day in the late eighties and people would often stop me and say: that's a really cool hat, where are you from? I don't wear them any more. White people would just think I'm one of the Taliban!
Well, anyway, just wanted to show you some of the good things here (even if we don't have ready-to-eat beetroot!).
Beth, hope you like this:
11 comments:
thank you, b, but now you've ruined my day! I will never be able to taste those gorgeous sweets :-)
anyway, I am happy to see you finally bought that camera, looking forward to more of that corner of the world.
hello b hello roxana too, and everyone. and thank you too and i like hats, and those on the photo indeed look very cool. hats and thaliban and cinnamonroll. hats are good against rain. and cinnamonroll is good against bad mood.
(due to work i don't have so much time to participate in blogularity these days, hence my late response to the acedia thing at my blog...)
b-
What happened to the famous 'five'. I guess our 15 minutes of fame is over.
I'm so disappointed in beetroot. Here I thought I was learning about some exotic spice. So, you just mean the plain old root--ie...a 'beet'. Well, I'd have to say I'm not of the beetroot eating group. I think it is a confused vegetable...strange flavor/color.
As for Ginger, I'd have to agree. Like eating perfume. No thank you, although I used to wear Ginger scent. It did smell good enough to eat.
roxana, hello!
"I will never be able to taste those gorgeous sweets "
Believe me, you don't know how lucky you are. pure sugar (and artifical colouring, of course!)
:-)
anton, hi !
"hats are good against rain. and cinnamonroll is good against bad mood."
And taliban are good against...?
:-)
when I thought about this post it struck me that the men who now wear those hats are deadly against people like the kalash and the sheedi and the sufi songs to the beloved. (I'm not sure what their views on beetroot would be, though!).
I'm envious that you've managed to escape blogularity. Do tell, what's the secret?
fl, salaams !
"So, you just mean the plain old root--ie...a 'beet'. Well, I'd have to say I'm not of the beetroot eating group. I think it is a confused vegetable...strange flavor/color."
I'm afraid so, just plain old root. See! Google destroys the wonder of imagination!
"confused"? But isn't eccentricity a good thing in vegetables?
pure sugar and artificial colours???!!! another myth destroyed, I imagined them to be traditional sweets, handmade, no preservatives etcetc :-)
You must always be careful not to be taken in by pictures roxana. I once saw a picture of what looked to be a delicious japanese sweet only to be told later that it was some rice dish!
But no, these *are* traditional sweets. er..except for the ridiculous chocolate one and crunchy one.
Hello b,
:) Now this is a really good post. Crocodiles!!! for me :). I really loved the hats. And did you arrange that beetroot picture yourself, pretty impressive. Kailash girls are spectacular and the music is great!
No b, I haven't been there. But do you want a wish fullfilled? :) I guess I could manage to go there then.
Thanks b! and hello to everyone.
Best regards,
Astarte.
the taliban are good against - which brings to my mind this: isn't one of your favourite cafavy quotes about how we need our barbarians?
i really do like those hats. i mean after all, they are just hats...
oh the trick of escaping blogularity is not working for the university which allows too much blogular procrastination. but you see, i didn't escape blogulatity altogether....
Thanks for the photo, b.Brilliant. But, you know, I can never see too many rallis! So, please send some pics -I'm always loking for inspiration for quilts to make. Carpets are good, too.
Post a Comment